At Vitality Logix, Dr. Gizersky integrates his extensive and dynamic training to provide
each patient with a unique medical experience that unites several disciplines into
a distinctive and matchless consultation experience.
- Anti-Aging Medicine
- Regenerative Medicine
- Functional Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Osteopathic Medicine
Functional Medicine focuses on understanding the fundamental physiologic processes, the environmental inputs, and the genetic predispositions that influence health and disease so that interventions are focused on treating the cause of the problem, not just making the symptoms disappear.
The American Academy of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine, of which Dr. Gizersky is an active member, defines Functional Medicine as an integrative, science-based healthcare approach that treats illness and promotes wellness by focusing on the bio-chemically unique aspects of each patient, and then individually tailoring interventions to restore physiological, psychological, and structural balance.
There are seven basic principles underlying functional medicine which include the following:
- Science-based medicine that connects the emerging research base to clinical practice.
- Biochemical individuality based on genetic and environmental uniqueness.
- Patient-centered care rather than disease-focused treatment.
- Dynamic balance of internal and external factors that affect total functioning.
- Web-like interconnections among the body’s physiological processes also affect every
aspect of functionality.
- Health as a positive vitality, not merely the absence of disease.
- Promotion of organ reserve.
At Vitality Logix we also incorporate regenerative medicine, which optimizes the body’s endogenous mechanisms of self-repair and adds proven and cutting-edge treatments and technologies to restore health and youthful function.